Friday, March 11, 2011

Disaster in Japan

Disaster in Japan

As write this post I am watching the BBC's coverage of the earthquake in Japan and the aftershocks and the tsunami that has struck the coast of Japan.

My first thought is that I hope the tsunami does not hit my condo here on the beach in Thailand, which it does not look like it is going to do. My second thought is for the people of Japan. My third thought, as a strategic planner, is the hope and desire that Japan has created risk mitigation and contingency plans and continuity plans that will allow everyone with the ability to quickly respond. Japan is used to earthquakes, but the earthquake and tsunami are back-to-back disasters.

Let's hope the contingency and continuity plans are in place to make the people safe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for contributing your comments. They will be reviewed for publication.